Empowering Women for Excellence Initiative (EWEI) is a Non-Governmental Organisation founded in April 2008. Our mission is to provide multi-sectoral interventions towards the empowerment of girls and women and our vision is to achieve empowerment through enlightenment. We work towards empowering women through Capacity Building, Information Dissemination, Advocacy and Cross-Cutting Community Service Projects.
- Excellence in service beyond business as usual
- Generous in sharing knowledge and resources to enhance learning
- Investing in and grooming leaders of change and impact
- Inspire girls and women to be the best they can be and aim for excellence through capacity building and mentoring
- Support the development of social and emotional skills including self-esteem, leadership and assertiveness in our beneficiaries
- Provide information and capacity building on health, political, economic and social issues through our various information dissemination platforms and spaces
- Advocate for and encourage Girl-Child education to relevant stakeholders
- Advocate for and encourage higher enrollment, retention and completion rates for girls and women in science and information technology education
- Encourage civic participation of girls and women and contribute to both political and legislative process through capacity building, civic education and advocacy
- Work towards accomplishing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Advocate for progressive state budgeting practices and gender mainstreaming in legislation
- Support UNSCR 1325 and 2250 recognising and promoting the role of women and youth in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.