Table of Contents
About St. Thomas University International Awards
The award is available for rewarding first-year students who demonstrate academic excellence and want to pursue the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. St. Thomas University offers a number of unique programs including recognized majors. It is a primarily undergraduate university offering bachelor’s degrees in the arts (humanities and social sciences), education, and social work to approximately 1,900 students.
Why at the St. Thomas University? The university offers training related to career orientation and job application skills. It enhances opportunities to conduct research and build capacity. Here, candidates can come to the forefront in the professional world and get employment opportunities.
- University or Organization: St. Thomas University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor degree
- Award: $9,000 to $75,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Four grants are available
- Nationality: Canadian and international students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Seekers from Canada and all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant needs to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Entrance Scholarship Guarantee – Academic Excellence: It is open only for Canadian students. If you are a Canadian applicant with a minimum admission average of 80 per cent, you automatically qualify for a scholarship.
- Major Awards – Academic Excellence: Applicants with a minimum admission average of 90 per cent (or the equivalent for international applicants) can apply. renewable financial aid recipients are selected based on academics: admission average, grade 12 courses, and level of difficulty, rank in graduating class, grade 11 record.
- Student Leaders Scholarships – Leadership: It is designed to attract high-impact student leaders who are a perfect fit for our vibrant community. The selection criteria include a combination of leadership through extracurricular activities, volunteerism, demonstrated a commitment to the benefit of others, minimum admission average of 80 per cent.
- Millennium Entrance Bursaries: It is open to students in financial need entering university for the first time. Bursary candidates should submit a completed bursary application form with supplementary documents through their applicant portal.
How to Apply
If you have an urge for this studentship, then you are suggested to take affirmation in the undergraduate degree coursework at St. Thomas University. After receiving an offer of admission from St. Thomas, you will have the option to complete an application for programmes through your online applicant portal.
Application link: https://www.stu.ca/scholarships/
March 1, 2020
- Supporting Documents: You need to upload a typed letter (one to two pages) in which you explain what makes you a strong candidate for a major scholarship, a résumé outlining your activities since beginning high school, including any jobs you have held, honours or awards, etc and a letter of reference.
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted, seekers must have to hold their high school degree certificate from a recognized academic institution.
- Language Requirements: All claimants need to meet the English language requirements.
More than half of first-year students hold an entrance scholarship, and one in eight holds a renewable financial aid ranging in value from $9,000 to $75,000. Here are four ways of scholarships work for you:
- Entrance Scholarship Guarantee – Academic Excellence (Canadian): The higher your average, the greater the program’s value:
Average Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Total
80-84% $500 $500 $500 $500 $2,000
85-89% $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $4,000
90%+ $2,000 $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $5,000
- Major Awards – Academic Excellence: renewable financial aid recipients are selected based on academics.
- Student Leaders Scholarships – Leadership: These opportunities are valued at $2,000 annually and are renewable for three years to a total of $8,000.
- Millennium Entrance Bursaries: Bursaries are valued between $500 and $2000.