Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Hotjobsng
The scholarship programme is aimed at supporting full-time students from different backgrounds who will commence their doctoral studies at ISMER in the 2020/2021 academic session in Canada.
The scholarships valued at 20,000$ per year will last for three years which will see to it that the candidates complete his/her educational training. The award will enable candidates who will not ordinarily be able to afford the cost of studying in a Ph.D programme afford the opportunity to do so.
Scholarship Sponsor: ISMER, Canada
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Value: 20,000$ per year for three years
Subject Eligibility: Oceanography
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Canadian and international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for the ISMER Ph.D Excellence Scholarship for International Students in Canada, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be available to start the doctoral thesis in the fall of 2020 or winter of 2021 semester.
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for admission to the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant qualification with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.7/4.3 or its equivalent.
- Applicants must be in the position to register in a full time doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER at the time of obtaining the scholarship.
- Applicants must note that the doctoral thesis must be carried out under the supervision of a professor from ISMER. The student must have obtained a letter of support from the professor responsible for one of the available projects.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a complete curriculum vitae detailing scientific communications, scholarships, awards, expeditions and others. Applicants are to submit a motivation letter explaining the applicant’s path and how it is in line with the proposed project and the Ph.D program in oceanography at ISMER, all university grade transcripts, letter of support from the professor responsible for the project, three recommendation letters in electronic format to the Program committee of graduate studies in oceanography at ISMER.
Only complete applications that meet the criteria for this scholarship program will be evaluated by the selection committee after the application deadline. The final selection of candidates will be made during an in-person or remote interview. We support an equality program and strongly encourage women, people with disabilities, visible and ethnic minorities, and indigenous people to apply.
1 June 2020, 4:30 PM (EST).
Visit Official scholarship website for full details about this scholarship: https://ismer.ca/formation/ph-d-excellence-scholarships