Account / Admin Officer
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Account Officer who will support the Head of Accounts in Provision of full financial and Management accounting services to the Management.
- The applicants should be able to manage and safeguard the company’s finance and financial resources.
- Manage financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage day-to-day accounting and financial transactions.
- Record office expenditures and ensure these expenses are within the set budget.
- Prompt monthly filings for ALL statutory obligations – PAYE, Pension, ECS, VAT, WHT. and obtain receipts for same.
- Support in the processing of payroll/salaries
- Process payment for schedules for PAYE, ECS, Pension.
- Prompt and daily postings on Quick-books.
- Ensure the completion of all month end close activities related to cost accounting
- Support Line Manager in the prompt delivery of Management Accounts.
- Ensure completion of bank reconciliations and reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledgers.
- Maintain adherence to GAAP policies corporate financial policy
- Observe the following on all tasks, emails/communication, phone calls and relationship within the team and with all clients – Timeliness, Promptness, Correctness, Error-free, Paying attention to details, decency, respect, excellence, professionalism.
- Provide systems which insure an adequate level of internal control the accuracy of cost financial data
- Review all the financial controls that support inventory accuracy
- Build professional capability of the Cost Accounting Team and Ensure decorum and professionalism in delivery of tasks.
- Provide for the implementation of new policies where appropriate
- Perform other duties appropriate to the role as may be required.
- Assist in organizing and supervising administrative staff e.g cleaners and ensure adherence to policies and regulations
- Assist in handling complaints on disruptions and faults on utilities and follow up promptly for re-connection/ repairs
- Keep adequate inventory of all items in the store
- Prepare requisition forms for store items that are in short supply and submit to the Admin Manager
- Maintain daily/weekly stock loss/damages
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other Management Science related course.
- 3 years experience in similar role.
- Ability to use Accounting software such as QuickBooks, spreadsheets, saga.
- Professional Qualification such as ACA/ACCA, ICAN will be an added advantage.
- Must reside in Lagos State.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Team spirit.
27th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Maryland, Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND