Job ID: 230000VR
Employment Status: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 2 years (Renewable)
Team/Programme: Program Development and Quality (PDQ)
Reports to: Head of MEAL
Staff directly reporting to this post: 2
- Level 3: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff
- To provide technical leadership for development and management of accountability structures and systems across the country program.
- The role is responsible for ensuring fully embedded practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to children and communities within the country program, via capacity building, championing and supporting implementation.
Key Areas of Accountability
Leadership and Strategy:
- Lead on strategies and provide guidance related to the CO’s accountability systems.
Accountability to Affected Population:
- Champion accountability to children and communities and child participation across programs and support all program team to understand their roles and responsibilities in this area.
- Support programs to develop and implement a strategy that is informed by children’s voices and promotes their rights.
- Ensure plans to promote accountability to affected populations (AAP) and child participation are documented in the strategy and adequately budgeted for in the master budget.
- Contribute to program strategy development by advising leadership to identify appropriate AAP and child participation approaches for different phases of the response (from the initial phase to longer term recovery efforts), recognizing that approaches should evolve over time.
- Champion the use of accountability data and child/community participation analysis to influence strategic decision-making and advocacy.
- Information Sharing:
- Support accountability focal points to develop information sharing plan, analyse information needs and appropriate and trusted information sharing approaches. This may be done through use of secondary data or/and through integrated information needs assessment
- Support focal points to establish appropriate information sharing channels for children and communities based on identified preference.
- In collaboration with child safeguarding and the communications team, lead on the development of child-friendly information sharing materials for all programs to ensure that children and communities are aware of Save the Children, its work and what they should expect (including expected behavior of staff and volunteers).
- Advise thematic and project teams on good practice in child-friendly information sharing.
- Child and Community Participation:
- Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in community participation especially child participation
- Build capacity of accountability focal points on child participation
- Provide support to focal point to conduct quarterly child consultation sessions in programs
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices of child participation and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Feedback and Reporting Mechanisms:
- Use analysis of the context and community preferences to design appropriate feedback and reporting channels that are accessible to children and deprived and marginalized groups.
- Work with the focal points to develop a Feedback Handling Standard Operating Procedure and ensure that feedback is handled in line with it, with consideration of appropriate data protection procedures.
- Support the focal points to analyze and present feedback data to help inform decision-making and improve programme quality.
- Provide technical support to focal points and Programme Implementation teams to ensure the feedback loop is closed meaningfully, in a timely manner and with quality.
Manage Country office toll free line:
- Manage toll free number and other means of Feedback Response Mechanism (FRM) and ensure all FRMs (hotline, complaint box, hoarding board) are functional at State, LGA and community levels.
- Manage FRM Central Database; aggregate complaints/feedbacks from field level databases into the central feedback database.
- Periodic supervision to ensure feedback are logged in a professional and timely manner and beneficiaries are communicated with the in a dignified manner regarding their complaints/feedback
- Provide FRM Report on a quarterly basis
- Support MEAL Coordinators/Accountability focal points to conduct survey for Feedback Satisfaction Assessment.
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders.
Coordination with Program Team:
- Work closely with accountability focal points to ensure timely information sharing and active participation of beneficiaries.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure quality are met in child participation.
- Ensure that Program Staff handle and document complaints as per FRM Design specifications.
- Support Program Team in verification of complaints registered & ensure the timely resolution of the feedback & completion of FRM database.
- Support in ensuring that all information gotten from affected persons is incorporated to program implementation where necessary
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Any other duties emerge as CO priorities .
4th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja USD Month