A young and dynamic Microfinance Bank with a vision to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria by Leveraging on Technology is currently recruiting for a dynamic, flexible and experienced Accountant who is able to work independently with little or no supervision to join our accounting department.
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
- Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
- Statutory reporting and year end duties
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
- Preparation of overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
- Treasury management and monitoring
- Raising invoices and ensuring invoices are paid promptly and on time.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all monthly and quarterly reports for Board, Shareholders, Regulatory bodies etc.
- Follow up on budget implementations and limits as it relates to each department. Investigates variances between budget and actual.
- Perform financial control functions.
- Develop and manage liquidity management tools
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other financial accounts
- Assist Head of Accounts in financial management and reporting activities.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
- Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Work with External Auditors for the yearly audit of the accounts.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Accounting / Finance / Economics
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must have 3 Years professional experience with at least 1 year in a Microfinance bank.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management and team player.
- Self Starter and ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of popular core banking products.
29th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND