Accounting Services Officer
- Carrying out Financial Reporting functions of the Company and Client’s accounting services;
- Carrying out all management accounting functions, including the preparation of management accounts and reports;
- Developing and applying management performance reporting templates and performance measurement reports for the Company and for its Clients;
- Managing Cash flows for the Company and its clients using sage evolution software, Microsoft Office, most especially Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Word and any other suitable software;
- Monitoring and evaluating of the financial performance of the Firm and all its Profit and Cost Centres;
- Providing accounting support services to Units within the Firm and its Clients;
- Compiling and analysing financial data for the preparation of financial statements, management control and accounting reports etc. at agreed intervals;
- Ensuring financial information and records are maintained, safeguarded, stored and managed using available hardware and software (SAGE Evolution), applications, technology and other resources in compliance with firm standards, policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met;
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining suitable accounting control procedures;
- Resolving accounting discrepancies and irregularities;
- Preparing budgets and forecasts, variances analysis and related activities;
- Developing and maintaining financial data bases;
- Ensuring accurate recording and analysis of assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses;
- Analysing business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues; and
- Analysing of financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in discharging the above listed duties.
- Bachelor or HND degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business-related fields;
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related fields is an added advantage;
- Practical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”); and
- Professional certificate in Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (“ICAN”) is required; (Candidate without ICAN professional qualification and certification should not apply).
Essential Skills and other Requirements:
- Self-driven, resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- At least 80% proficient use of SAGE Evolution Software.
- Critical thinking, a thirst for knowledge, confidence and strong business sense;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with command of English;
- Excellent Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word (Must be at least 80% proficient); and
- Willingness to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary;
- Ability to work in diverse / complex situations and from international work perspective;
- Possession of excellent project management, evaluation and analytical skills, superior decision-making ability, time management, prioritisation and organisational skills;
- To build the Firm’s reputation through quality of work, knowledge and experience; and
- Monitor and uphold high quality of service to clients.
31st March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND