- We are currently recruiting to fill the position of Accounts Officer who would be responsible for handling required accounting and tax functions. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the collection and analysis of financial information including general ledger
- Assist in the management of all day to day finance matters, including but not limited to, invoicing, AR, AP, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Tax.
- Facilitates the availability of funds to meet day-to-day operational petty cash expenses and emergencies.
- Maintains monthly records to allow easy disbursement, reconciliation and replenishment
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances
- Creates and maintains records of cash requests and disbursements
- Assist to prepare and enter the monthly accounts into the Group consolidation system.
- Ensure all tax compliance/filings including VAT, Interest returns etc. are completed accurately and by the required deadline.
- Reconciles all received cash, which has been recorded in the petty cash book, with expenses
- Processes payment for accounts and issuing receipts
- Keeps records of amounts received and paid, and regularly checking the cash balance against this record
- Collects money from a bank for safekeeping before reimbursements
- Files all documents concerning cash payment and collection
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of an HND /B.Sc in Accountancy, Business or it’s equivalent (preferred)
- Attainment of, or studying towards an advanced certification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA) would be considered a bonus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar function (with good working knowledge of general accounts payables and receivables; payment processing; account reconciliations; etc. considered essential)
- Familiar with accounting and tax policies
- Hands-on ERP Accounting system knowledge is desired
Competences and Attributes:
- Must reside in Lagos
- Not more than 30 years of age by December 2020
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities and work on multiple requests with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced, and growth environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
30th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only candidates who meet the requirements would be contacted.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ,NG NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND