Locations: Brono State, Mafa and Kukawa
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: HR / Fin Manager
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day‐to‐day project operations,
consultant payments; managing project procurements, and consultant agreements; supervising
travel needs; and deploying staff and project operations.
- Identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and
recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human
resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent
acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits,
training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning,
employee relations and retention, compliance, and labour relations.
- Human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling,
and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions;
maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer‐service
strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and
anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing
action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the
impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities;
communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone
accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analysing
information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating
policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new
legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management
on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing
new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
- Oversee employee health and safety strategies
- Set up and operate HR unit within the company
- University Studies / Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other
- 2 years of experience in similar position;
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- HR Certification will be desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi‐cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to
HR/organizational Country Program challenges.
30 November 2020 by 5pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Note: All applications must be titled with your name, surname, location and position. e.g. John Smith – Abuja – Clerical officer.
- Location Mafa and Kukawa, Borno, Borno NGN Month