Assistant Country Director
Reports to: Country Director
About the Program
- Winrock International’s Farmer-to-Farmer Program in Nigeria is seeking an Assistant Country Director so support our project implementation. The USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) has the goal to generate sustainable, broad-based economic growth In the agricultural sector. A secondary goal is to Increase the U.S public’s understanding international development Issues and programs and international understanding of the US. and US. development programs.
- F2F in Nigeria. In Nigeria, Winrock’s F2F program Is focusing on continued support for agriculture education and training (AET) institutions via volunteer technical assistance. The volunteer technical assistance aims to build the capacity of the AET institutions to recruit and retain qualified faculty and students, mobilize resources, develop partnerships, and continually update and adapt curricula and programming to meal changing labor market needs. F2F wIll coordinate with USAID, feed the future, and other donor-funded projects in Nigeria to ensure complementary and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Winrock F2F program in Nigeria includes emphasis on public-private collaboration and market-responsive experiential learning. Winrock applies a “ment” of successful AET assistance/training with agricultural schools, vocational/technical training centers, and other AET providers such as extension agencies or private sector companies.
- To achieve this, Winrock aims to field approximately 51 U.S.-based volunteers to Nigeria over the live-year program.
- The Assistant Country Director will be Instrumental for the program to reach Its goals. the ideal candidate will be proactive, take initiative to identify new opportunities to achieve impact, and take ownership over site timely and quality completion of his/her work. The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership qualities, motivation, resourcefulness, and ability to diplomatically work with stakeholders (including U.S volunteers and local hosts and partners). The Ideal candidate will have excellent Interpersonal and critical thinking skills, and follow Winrock, donor, and security procedures end regulations.
- Assist the F2F Country Director in administration and management of the Nigeria F2F Program
- Prepare F2F activity plans, assignment budgets, and reports as necessary for the timely
- Implementation of the program
- Work with the Country Director on country planning to further the program’s ability to meet or exceed objectives and targets
- Take initiative so identify new host organizations (AET institutions) and proactively work with new and ongoing hosts to develop demand-driven scopes of work for volunteer technical assistance
- Proactively research and Identify opportunities, partnerships, etc. to help the program achieve more Impact
- Coordinate and supervise F2F volunteer logistics and movement in the project areas, and support volunteer and staff safety, security, and health;
- Accompany US. volunteers during their assignments, serve as interpreter at needed, and provide technical and logistical support no achieve assignment objectives.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of End of Assignment deliverables; rake ownership over completion of all assignment forms/deliverables
- Work closely with host organizations to collect and compile accurate and timely information, such as the host plan, host standard Indicators, Art organizational Capacity index and Impact survey/monitoring and evaluation data
- Contribute so She preparation of annual work plans and annual and semi-annual technical reports meeting USAID and Winrock requirements
- Professionally and diplomatically represent Winrock International and Farmer-to-Farmer en events with hosts, volunteers, USAID, government, and other stakeholders.
- Proactively conduct outreach activities related to the Fat program and volunteer and assignments (such as taking photos, writing blogs, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all Winrock international and USAID policies and procedures
- Serve at Acting Country Director while the Country Director is on leave or unavailable
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- University degree (advance degree preferred) in Agriculture, Agribusiness. Agricultural Education, Adult Education, International Development, or relevant topic
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in project management and leadership
- Ability to travel frequently to field sites
- Excellent Interpersonal skills for managing relations with the donor, hosts, and US-based volunteers
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills
29th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an expression of interest and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND