Assistant General Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Direct – Group CEO/MD & Head of Finance
Indirect: Management Team
Main Purpose of Job
- The ideal Assistant General Manager (AGM) must be passionate about hospitality and can bring his/her expertise to our business and carry our vision to the next level. We want someone that would drive the team to work towards their full potential and deliver an amazing guest experience.
- The ideal AGM for George Residence has a luxury background, is entrepreneurial, motivated, and able to execute operational strategies within a luxury boutique property.
- He is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and is thus charged with overseeing the operational (front desk, guest services, kitchen and housekeeping) teams as well as steering the marketing and strategic objectives of the brand.
- You work closely with the team to assure and maximize occupancy rate, revenue and also provide all necessary forecasts and directly impact the operational team’s motivation and actions (e.g. front desk agents, porters, housekeeper and concierge) –the team that is actually providing the service to guests.
Business Strategy Development & Execution
- Develop strategies and business plans designed to maximize luxuriously curated guest experiences, optimize profitability, and increase market share.
- Translate business plans into member-level action, lead and motivate the team and be accountable for successful delivery of results.
- Measure and evaluate the success of property-level business strategies to inform future business plan enhancements.
- Continually verify that business plans and actions have a positive impact on property performance.
Sales, Marketing & Revenue Management:
- Collaborate with Head of Finance on Revenue Management strategies and tactics to optimize topline revenues
- Identify new business leads, develops tailored sales approach, and actively pursues leads in the luxury segment with Sales team.
- Leverage past luxury experience in fostering a polished sales culture and approach.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing team to develop revenue generating strategies for property.
- Actively participate in driving a culture of revenue maximization.
Food and Beverage/Guest Services:
- Utilize extensive prior senior leadership experience and remain current on fashionable dining trends and practices.
- Motivate Team Members to create experiences that surprise and delight the caliber of guests.
- Lead high-end Rooms Division and collaborate with Operations/Food and Beverage (F&B) teams to achieve set departmental goals e.g. on productivity, customer satisfaction levels, compliance, absenteeism rates, etc.
- Support F&B team in concept and menu development and refinement.
- Support to ensure accountability of the team in achieving optimal profitability and other established key performance metrics.
- Coaching and Developing Team members – Work with the Group HR to identify the developmental needs by coaching, mentoring, or otherwise to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients by providing them with information about new products and services, marketing promotions, or special events.
- Identify resource needs to strengthen property team, create succession plans for future job openings, actively support the staffing process, verify effective work processes, systems and teamwork are in place to maximize individual and overall property performance.
Customer and Public Relations Management:
- Establish market presence by actively promoting an exemplary property image, getting involved in the local community, and developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers.
- Anticipate needs of large groups or high-profile guests in order to deliver flawless service, verify that products, services, and events attain the appropriate publicity (“PR buzz”).
- Evaluate guest feedback to recognize excellent Team Member performance and hold leadership team accountable for addressing areas for service improvement, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations.
- Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote services and facilities
- Managing the financial performance of GR team by creating budgets, monitoring expenses, and generating reports
- Providing continuous training to employees on appearance, division standards, policies and procedures
- Managing staff schedules to ensure that there are enough employees on duty at all times to meet customer demand
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognized and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand’s loyalty scheme
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of GR products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all other departments
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes
- Support the HR Team to Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with GR security, fire regulations and all Health and Safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Manage budgets, records, and contracts.
- Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner, ensuring timely resolution for all.
- Daily reporting on revenue and occupancy status to Management team via mail
- Conduct daily drill with housekeeping, laundry and other units and ensure proper conduct and compliance of staff
- Assist with other departments, as necessary.
Key performance indicators
Your success will be measured by:
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR)
- Average Daily Rate (ADR)
- Occupancy Rate
- Brand Awareness and Visibility
- Conversion Rates
- Guest Satisfaction (NPS scores)
- Online reviews across platforms (Ratio of positive to negative/passive)
- Employee Productivity.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree / MiM qualification with 4 – 6 years work experience.
28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location Lekki, Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA