Associate, Data Analytics
Department: Products & Services
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
- The Associate, Data Analytics develops computer interfacing, data conversion, data collection, mobile, web and computer applications using GIS and mobile data collection applications, Leads and coordinates the acquisition of new spatial data and supervises the integration of the data into eHA’s GIS.
- Gather and maintain a wide array of data.; Analyze and interpret data; Prepare business reports and make presentations on the outcomes of the analysis; Ensure a proper and up to date databases and Ensure a high level of security and accuracy of databases
- Keywords: GIS, Project Management, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
What you” ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Establishes database schemas and creates or modifies database tables; participates in data mapping and conversion of data; extracts and presents data as required.
- Prepares maps, maintains data sets, and analyses mapping data.
- Maintain and upgrade/update existing Analytics and SharePoint sites.
- Liaising with third-party data providers.
- Continuous improvement and generation of analytics sites and SharePoint to provide rapid access to knowledge.
- Maintain existing datasets in SQL, the creation of views and linking of information for end-users.
- Researches, and evaluates GIS solutions (ESRI), providing recommendations on new technology relevant to exploration and growth.
- Maintain, upgrade and create SQL database views and other data warehousing in order to provide relevant information to functions within exploration and growth.
- Continuous improvement, keep abreast and apply new technologies that are fit for purpose within the GIS and Analytics fields.
- Linking data warehouse (SQL) to various applications and analytics sites. Maintaining and updating of key GIS datasets, participate and become a key contributor to the way forward for enterprise-wide GIS systems.
- Owning Data Warehouse for Exploration and Growth.
- Develops computer interfacing, data conversion, data collection, mobile, web and computer applications using GIS and mobile data collection applications
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings,
- Staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Geomatics, Mining Engineering, Data Analytics or related
- 2+ years’ experience in Analytics and Data Management combined with GIS
- Knowledge of or work experience in mining exploration an asset
- Curious, dynamic and inquisitive with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience with R or Python, SQL, GIS, and knowledge of ArcGIS suite of tools
- Strong data management and SharePoint skills
- Power BI skills or other analytics tools an asset
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivated
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Relevant working experience in an NGO is desirable. Demonstrated Knowledge of GIS data principles, practices, and Techniques, Cartography, and data collection systems.
- Ability to perform GIS data conversion/editing, GIS maps production, spatial database management, spatial analysis/reporting tasks.
- Ability to interpret land descriptions, maps, drawings, charts, plans, survey records, and aerial photos.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of project management tools, e.g. Atlassian Jira, Redbooth, etc.
- Understanding of Open Source GIS (QGIS, PostGIS and GeoServer), data transformation tools (FME Desktop, Kettle and python) and Commercial GIS (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND