Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) Consultant (State & LGA Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The BCC Consultant will provide direction, communication technical expertise, and oversight of all project BCC activities for the Project.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the Project BCC Strategy;
- Develop/ review technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, strategy documents, job aids) and programming tools to support meeting project objectives.
- Conduct formative research and field testing for BCC messages and materials development as required
- Strengthen the capacity of the FWASD BCC Anchor and Young Professionals
- Work with partners to design communication and messaging content.
- Strengthen capacities of government and other partners to develop and manage communication activities.
- Support other non-BCC related communication activities of the Project. This will require the development of a comprehensive communication strategy for the project which will include but not limited to communication through mass media; new media channels (e.g. social media) and oral media channels at the national, state and community/local levels;
- Provide constant guidance and technical as well as on-the-spot assistance to the project team during rolling out of the BCC and outreach activities;
- Work with project communication and PR Assistant Adviser on the production of all types of communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, presentations, briefing notes for senior officers, media releases and others
- Assist the M&E specialist in the FPMU to ensure all indicators relevant to BCC are captured in the project M&E system, and relevant data is collected and analyzed; and
- Review the progress of all BCC related activities and prepare regular reports for submission to Project Coordinator.
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Development Communications, Journalism, Mass Communications, Social Development International Development or related Social Sciences.
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of Behavioural Change Communication as a form of strategic communication, with at least 10 years of relevant experience in BCC work.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience demonstrating state-of-the-art expertise in the design of behavior change communications strategies, messages and interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to address behaviour change issues in improving gender related issues.
- Previous experience working in the development of government BCC and advocacy policy at national levels in the areas of nutrition, health, or agriculture
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work with rural communities.
- Well-versed with working in MS office environment
- Good communication skill (both speaking and oral) in English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge/experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment will be an added advantage.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: For State Level applications, applicants should specify their state of interest.
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month