Location: Makurdi, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
- The position of Bursar of the Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi (JOSTUM) will become vacant on 13th June, 2023. In line with the UAM statute, Federal University of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and the Conditions and Scheme of Service for Senior Staff (2015), Council has approved that the position of Bursar be advertised.
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Finance Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to- day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Candidates for the post of Bursar must have at least First Degree or HND in Accounting from a recognized Institution, and should be a member of one of the following recognized Professional Accounting bodies with post professional qualification(s) of not less than 15 years:
- Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Association of National Accountant of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Applicants must be a Deputy Bursar for at least 5 years.
- Applicants must not be above the age of sixty (60) years at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of Bursar.
Duration of Appointment
- As has been specified by the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012, the Bursar shall hold office for 5 years in the first instance, subject to a renewal for one year based on satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service
- These are as approved for Federal Universities in the country and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
24th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications in 15 copies with photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the following:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies.
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates
- Present Employer, Post and Salary
- List of Publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions, including awards received, if any;
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees – one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University,
P.M.B. 2373, Makurdi,
Benue State, Nigeria.
- The referees should be requested to forward their references direct to the Registrar, University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
- Only applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
- Location Makurdi, Benue USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND