Requisition Number: BUSIN01471
Locations: Kano and Kaduna
Job Category: Operations
Job Type: Full-Time
- We are looking for 2 Business Advisors who will be based at Kano and Kaduna respectively.
- The Business Advisor will work with the Senior Business Advisor to provide timely and accurate data collection; provide technical, market, and expert services to farmers by facilitating farmer training, business linkages, market information, and monitoring of performance.
- It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee is expected to perform many tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize and execute assigned roles on behalf of farmers and clients (Training, Follow-ups, market linkages etc.) according to client’s and project’s
- Identify with stakeholders and perform a thorough assessment (Initial and subsequent) of emanating, existing and envisaged problematic situations and proffer solution.
- Collect information about the client’s business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports )
- Manage a team of extension workers to provide training and support to participating farmers
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a farmers’ wishes, capabilities, and limitations forming concise reports
- Identify new business opportunities and support the business case development
- Record-keeping of farm activities, data collection of information required for monthly report and
- Assist in implementing the plan that helps resolve any occasional discrepancies and irregularities
- Strict adherence to the timeframe of assignments in project life-scope
- Any other tasks that may be
Required Skills & Experience
- Diploma and Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business Management and other relevant fields;
- At least 2 years’ experience in capacities relating to either Agribusiness, Training, Marketing, Business development or advisory services;
- Ability to actively engage with community leaders and cooperatives:
- Understanding of the Hausa language is advantageous
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel;
18th September, 2020; 17h00 WAT
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Kano /Kaduna NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND