Business Investment Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist in the investment and asset management of the organisation to guarantee risk-adjusted returns for investors and stakeholders with a focus on long term investments in quality Real Estate.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals..
- Anticipate critical issues, potential problems, risks and present to the Management.
- Participate in the annual review of the Company’s business/strategic plan. Provide input and feedback as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of the annual operational plan, budget, targets and performance outcomes for UREL and her initiatives.
- Be conversant with changes/trends/new pronouncements in accounting and reporting standards and advice management as appropriate
- Originate, analyze, and manage Real Estate investment related transactions including the development financial appraisals, investment memorandums and all other relevant documentation.
- Create financial models and analysis for the evaluation of potential new developments or investments opportunities and the evaluation of investment exit strategies.
- Perform market research to determine/verify a project’s viability and to inform the assumptions used in models.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence alongside documentation due diligence (including review of contracts, preparation of budgets, gathering of consultants) for potential acquisitions.
- Identify sources of finance (debt, equity, and other alternatives), close on appropriate options and drive the management of investor relations.
- Review and recommend financing structures for the existing project portfolio and monitor the performance of the company’s projects from an investment perspective.
- Identify acquisition opportunities and manage the people, programs, processes for the realization of same.
- Read, analyze, and understand leases, term sheets, loan agreements, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, contracts, and other agreements.
- Keep abreast of strategic real estate investment trends and opportunities.
Experience and Qualification
- A First degree in any relevant discipline preferably Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Real Estate
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in finance, investment or accounting .
- CFA Level I assessment completion is an advantage.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Basic understanding of how to find, structure and close profitable investments especially real estate investment.
- Basic understanding and proficiency of fixed income and equity investments. .
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- A proven track record of participating in a successful investment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A strong flair for business management
- Above average MS Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of financial modelling
- N200,000 – 250,000 monthly.
3rd June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos, Lagos, Lagos
- Salary ₦ 200,000 - 300,000 USD 200000-300000 Month