Cartoonist / Animator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a social media savvy digital animator/cartoonist with passion, curiosity and a toolbox full of audacious skills.
- Develops personal ideas for cartoons, comic strips, or animations, or reads written material to develop ideas.
- Makes changes and corrections to cartoon, comic strip, or animation as necessary.
- Use available tools and software to develop and refine characters
- Conceptualize new characters based on client direction
- Finalize and ink all rough sketches
- Sketch and submits cartoon or animation for approval.
- Creates and prepares sketches and model drawings of characters, providing details from memory, live models, manufactured products, or reference material.
- Collaborate with the client and production team members to understand needs, review scripts, design storyboards, and create and edit animations.
- Discusses ideas for cartoons, comic strips, or animations with editor or publisher’s representative.
- Using creativity and artistic techniques to tell a story or provide information in visual form.
- Researching industry trends and developments and learning new applications.
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
- 2 – 3 years experience needed
- Superior graphic design and drawing skills
- Ability to convey humor or seriousness in drawings
- Ability to work in multiple formats, such as comic strips, comic books, editorial cartoons, and graphic novel
- Track record working in a variety of media, such as ink, pencil, crayon, or digital
- Excellent creativity and originality
- Superior knowledge of the 12 principles of animation such as staging, timing, ease in, ease out and anticipation
- Proficiency in the use of design and animation software
- Knowledge of color theory
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in large teams.
31st October, 2022.
- Location Ibadan, Oyo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3