Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Expatriate
Location: Oyo, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
The responsibilities of the CEO include but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term strategies and comprehensive business plans aligned with the vision and mission of the organization to achieve profitable business growth.
- Represent and promote the organization’s interests in various national, regional, and international forums; and participate in relevant ad hoc deliberations convened by the Board of Directors.
- Partner with other leaders to foster a workplace culture of continuous improvement and growth.
- Champion change management efforts to increase acceptance of initiatives aimed at institutional improvement.
- Identify new agribusiness opportunities and keeping the Board abreast of developments within the industry.
- Drive the company in order to deliver the actual result in line with the Annual Business Plan, and to ensure that the key performance indicators are maintained or surpassed
- Drive financial management activities including annual budget development, financial performance, cash flow management and investment decisions to achieve expected financial performance.
- Allocate and delegate roles, responsibilities and tasks clearly, effectively matching the level of responsibility with the appropriate skills, experience and authority required within the company.
- Be the face of the Company and deliver appropriate representation to cover Corporate communication and public relations to strengthen the company’s profile.
- Enable a thriving work environment and a highly motivated team.
- To act as the role model for leadership within the company, to support and lead the operational team, to help team members to develop and grow in their jobs, and to provide feedback as appropriate for that development.
- Champion the vision and represent the organization at highest level in national, regional and international engagements.
- Provide leadership in communication and advocacy functions of the organization and lead the execution of the communication and advocacy strategy with integrity and excellence.
- Ensure visibility of the organization through strong branding, communication, publications, public relations and event management support and advice to management and directors.
- Provide governance and management support in developing and deploying appropriate policies to ensure company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Create and bring local and international partners that will contribute to the financial well being and continued existence of the firm.
- Develop an integrated and cohesive approach to planning of the organization’s core programs, with sound and measurable performance indicators, leading directly to the achievements of program strategies.
- Create and build opportunities for collaborative initiatives across the programs.
- Promote innovation and cohesion across the programs.
- He/She should be a transformational leader who is able to operationalize the business strategy, has a passion for growth and building a high performing culture.
- The successful candidate should have broad knowledge and experience in agricultural products such as poultry products, veterinary drugs, feed additives, seeds agricultural pesticides, insecticides, herbicides in Africa
- He/She should be well connected and respected at the highest levels of government, farmer associations, civil societies and private sector.
- A First Degree in Agriculture, Business, Marketing, or other Science or Social Science-related courses. An additional professional or postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
- 30+ years of work experience in operations management, manufacturing and marketing enterprise in the agro-allied sectors.
- Experience reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Strong Financial, Commercial, and wider People & organizational management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Competence and Experience:
- Ability to contribute to the formulation of strategic vision, to think innovatively about new approaches to complex issues, and to bridge between agricultural research and other analytic work and policy.
- Knowledge of organizational and financial policies, practices and challenges in state‐of‐the‐art research organizations.
- Excellent trust – and relationship – building skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, integrity, responsiveness, and decisiveness.
- Ability to work in partnership with other executives and senior management to achieve the above.
- Ability to identify and harness business opportunities and demonstrable experience in resource mobilization.
- Proven experience in developing strategic plans and their proper implementation
- General oversight functions, managing institutional budgets, project budgets, materials and human resources.
- Traceable experience of exceeding annual financial and other organizational targets at the previous places of work.
- Very Attractive.
30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume in MS word to: email@example.com using “CEO Expatriate” as the subject of the mail.
- Location Oyo, Oyo, Oyo NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 20+
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND