Chief Nursing Officer (Specialist Hospital)
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will oversee and coordinate the nursing unit of the hospital.
- You will ensure the effective delivery of patient care in a safe and efficient manner and develop/implement policies, standards and protocols, and create a nursing environment that fosters collaboration with other health professionals.
- You will advice senior management on best practices in nursing and patient care, nurse recruitment, training, retention and establish performance improvement activities and assessments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participating in the hospital’s strategic meetings to enhance and improve operational performances.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assisting in preparing budget reports by communicating the necessity for new equipment, additional personnel, or other items that directly improve patient care delivery.
- Monitoring job performance and carry out performance appraisal for all nurses.
- Informing all nurses of any new procedure or policy implementations introduced by the Hospital.
- Participating in the interview and training of nurses and other non-licensed personnel.
- Making recommendations to the CEO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary.
- Enhancing operational methods and providing optimal patient care by maintaining open communication with staff.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree from an accredited college or university. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) is an advantage.
- You must have a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in the health sector, part of which must have been in a senior nursing position within or outside Nigeria.
- Active RN license and RN clinical experience are essential.
- You must be registered with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria with the license to practice.
- Proven record of policy development and implementation is required.
- You must have practical computer skills.
The following skills and personal attributes are required:
- Strong planning, organising, delegation, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritise scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism in handling situations involving patients, physicians, and others staff.
- Commitment and dedication to patient care
- Decisively initiates responses to emergency
- Compassionate with a positive disposition.
- Not easily distracted.
- Strong leadership qualities
20th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
- Location Edo, Edo, Edo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND