Chief of Party
- Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions that improve service delivery and strengthen health systems.
- This activity is part of an expanded effort with the government of Nigeria in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe states. Activity objectives include: targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; patient enrollment in HIV/AIDS therapy, with adequate adherence to follow-up and minimal loss; successful suppression of HIV viral load; and increase government capacity to expand, coordinate, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage and implement the project and report directly to the designated USAID COR
- Supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements
- Interact with numerous Nigerian government institutions and senior-level national and sub-national-level government officials
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Science, International Development, or other related discipline
- Ten years of senior management experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting
- Solid technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, and quality improvement/quality assurance
- High-level strategic thinker with experience managing complex projects
- Experience working with project counterparts, particularly senior officials from the government, private sector, and civil society
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of USAID programs and/or donor-funded initiatives
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities
- Experience working in northeast Nigeria highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
20th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA