Chief of Party
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Nigeria entitled, Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN). This position will be based in Nigeria – in Abuja or field offices in the project’s target states – and is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated Nigeria Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) Program will support the government of Nigeria to accelerate the mastery of reading skills for children in the early primary grades in select states of Nigeria.
- The anticipated 5-year activity is expected to build upon the results of the existing USAID Northern Education Initiative Plus, improving reading outcomes for Nigerian pupils in grades 1-3 by helping Nigerian government institutions and schools effectively leverage their resources and ensuring program schools are safe, supportive, and conducive to learning.
- The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of the project, including: managing the annual work plan and budgeting process; creating/maintaining an effective project management team; overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system; and coordinating activities and sub-partners to achieve results.
- This individual will be the primary liaison with the funder (USAID), key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- Her/his primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction for the program, ensuring an integrated vision across components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
- The Chief of Party will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The Chief of Party will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Administration, International Development, or related field from an accredited university required; Masters, Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred
- Minimum 12 years of experience in similar education intervention activities, and experience managing complex international donor-funded development activities in challenging environments
- Relevant management, supervisory, budgeting, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program
- Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, teambuilding and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG NGN Month