Civil Engineer (Senior)
Employment Type: Contract
Functionally reports to: Engineering Manager / Project Director
Contract Type: Fixed term of One (1) year (renewable)
- We are looking to engage a Senior Civil Engineer, who will be responsible for overseeing and managing construction projects to ensure they are completed in accordance with design specifications.
- Responsible for the administration, overall technical direction and co-ordination of civil / structural engineering and design work on assigned projects.
- Prepare civil design and deliverables for feasibility studies, conceptual/basic engineering, FEED and EPC.
- Provide civil engineering expertise and participate in the processes of ensuring the engineering/designing of all facilities is safe to construct
- Identifies circumstances considered likely to result in contract changes and prepares manhour estimates to support contract changes
- Reviews and approves project schedules to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Provides guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on civil/structural engineering matters.
- Assigns and coordinates the activities of Civil Engineers reporting to him/her
- Assists in the preparation of manhour estimates for Civil Engineering activities for proposals and projects
- Prepares contract requisitions and specifications for civil and structural work on assigned projects.
- Continuously review, manage, monitor and control all facilities construction plans and its implementation/execution to ensure a consistent and cost-effective approach to the construction activities
- Ensure timely completion of projects and contribute to overall corporate KPIs.
- Prepares technical evaluations of civil and structural contract enquiries.
- Carries out periodic inspection of civil and structural work during construction to ensure correct interpretation of designs and issues completion certificates for structural work carried out on assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related fields;
- 8+ years experience in Oil and Gas Companies & 8+ years experience in offshore facilities for large/medium EPC projects;
- Knowledge of the major engineering and design software such as AutoCAD 2D & 3D, SACS, STAADPro, and PDMS;
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Engineering Practices used in the industry AISC, API-RP2A, Eurocodes, other relevant International standards and company specifications.
11th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND