Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Are you interested in finding solutions to problems, would like to take on new challenges, want to have a guaranteed work opportunity and most of all is willing to save lives? Then being a Clinical Laboratory Scientist is the perfect career for you.
- Be a proud member of the health care team and find out more about this job.
What is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist?
- A Clinical Laboratory Scientist is the one who performs laboratory tests that help in the diagnosis, detection and treatment of diseases. They work under general supervision and conducts different standard laboratory procedures like hematology, microbiology, and urinalysis to name a few.
Duties of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- A Clinical Laboratory Scientist executes a range of standardized microscopic, chemical and bacteriological tests. They take part on collecting samples which includes collecting urine, blood and other samples. They also counsel patients on pre-test requirements and answer questions related to testing.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientists also assess the validity of a result that are obtained, preserves proper records of the results and makes a report of results. Make sure that the testing method used follows established quality control procedure and assists with the preparation of laboratory reports.
- A Clinical Laboratory Scientist organizes and maintains reagents and equipment. They perform maintenance on equipment in the laboratory and keeps laboratory in a clean and organized condition.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist makes use of the laboratory computer systems to place testing data, generate reports of testing results and search for test results for physicians.
Educational Requirement of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist must complete a four-year Bachelor’s degree program in Medical Technology. Even though some individuals can find a job with at least an associate degree in these areas. Several states require one to have a license and you can get this by passing the licensure test.
10th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resumes to: email@example.com with the subject of the mail being the position applied for.
- Location Lagos USD Month