Communications and Knowledge Management Manager – IHP
Job ID: req18098
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Project Overview and Role
- USAID Nigeria IHP Project, a $225 Million USAID-funded contract implemented by Palladium, IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at the state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the development and implementation of IHP Knowledge Management Strategy for the TO7 IHP Project.
- Using evidence and data, identify topics for publication based on best practices and lessons learned, support co-authors to complete, format and submit to appropriate peer review journals.
- Working with other technical leads to constantly develop materials to update IHP with case studies, process documents, research briefs and other publications of the project.
- Lead quarterly exercises to elicit lessons learned, to answer learning questions, and track inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact and link to the project’s Theory of Change and ensure Success Stories are completed and of excellent quality.
- Develop weekly nuggets and social media pieces with high resolution photos for submission to to the State Director, TO2 Communications Manager and Chief of Party.
- Take high resolution photos for sharing on social media and to USAID.
- Oversee video production activity with TO2 Communications Manager and HQ Communications Manager.
- Lead with technical leads in compiling and completing quarterly and annual reports, highlighting key achievements, lessons learned and challenges.
- Manage IHP TO7’s Marking and Branding following the approved Marking and Branding plan and ensure compliance across the team. Support the design of branding material such as signage and plaques for all IHP supported facilities in the FCT, and other branding materials.
- Support digital solutions, including identifying content for Audio Job Aids and curricula, and the Automatic Appointment Reminder..
- Maintain updated technical deliverable tracker and external meeting tracker for Task Order 7 and ensure these are kept up to date by working with the Senior MEL manager.
- Develop and manage a project knowledge management repository/warehouse for Task Order 7 by thematic areas, consultancies and Grants.
- Document and share learning across task orders and by engaging partners and project learning champions.
- Conceptualize and build IHP Task Order 7’s legacy through legacy documents, publications, photos, success stories and other means.
- Constantly update the IHP FCT team with key publications, reports and news features related to IHP specific subject matter in the FCT.
- Support the State Director to respond effectively and efficiently to requests for deliverables, information and documents from USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge Management Manager will report to Senior MEL Manager
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Social Sciences or related field. A Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in communications, health communications/reporting, knowledge management, social media or related field, and working in public health with USAID/International Donor Programs.
- Demonstrated strength and experience writing project reports (progress updates, monthly, quarterly, annual), technical reports, and policy briefs.
- Proven ability to lead the planning, coordination and execution of knowledge management products and managing a project knowledge warehouse/repository
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication).
- The Knowledge Management Manager must be experienced in public health/public health communication, international development, or related field.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience working with complex health or development projects that require collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- S/he must be familiar with the public health context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja (FCT) USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND