Community Engagement Associate
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Job Type: Full-time
- Husk is seeking a Community Engagement Associate, to join the Project Development team in Nigeria towards achieving its targets.
- This individual will play an integral role in coordinating progress actions for community engagement activities as the initial point of contact for the communities.
- You will be required to contribute to engagements for the deployment of HUSK’s mini grid portfolio, supporting all community engagement activities.
- The role will directly support engagement across many levels of stakeholders including community representatives, local authorities, paramount rulers, and relevant industry related stakeholders within areas where Husk is operational and/or intends to site its operations.
- We are looking for someone with experience in community engagement stakeholder management and engagement, report writing and on ground business development support.
- We require someone who is a people’s person and understands the importance of constant engagement for achieving business objectives.
- The individual must be passionate about contributing to solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – energy access deficit.
- This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries including India and Nigeria etc.
- Play a key part as a member of the Project Development Team responsible for providing support towards expanding and maintaining project sites’ portfolio.
- Work with cross-functional teams towards project development activities ensuring that relevant community stakeholder relationships are built and maintained.
- Support information and data gathering for use by the relevant teams for market intelligence insights within and around proposed IMG deployment locations.
- Assist with robust community engagement strategies to ensure minimal community related issues arising.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage relevant stakeholder relationships within the communities through the paramount rulers, village heads, district heads, VPC etc
- Maintain a repository of all critical stakeholders across communities and areas where Husk is operational and/or is intending to site its operations.
- Maintain active relationships with relevant stakeholders across communities.
Regulatory Agency Engagement:
- Support in providing documentation to ensure relevant regulatory permits (and submissions) are registered and/or applied for in time with regulators and other government stakeholders.
- Maintain an active data of all government agency engagements within Husk operational areas.
- Drive active community engagement with selected communities from pre-development to post-development and a successful handover to relevant teams.
- Assist Customer Engagement team with developing customer experience strategies for customer signups as well as collections and upselling.
- Maintain an active database of the minutes and pictures of all community engagement meetings and relevant agreement documentation.
- Provide regular updates on community engagement on a periodic basis.
- Support the Mini Grids, Customer Engagement and other teams during community/customer engagement exercises, as required.
- Provide relevant support for the Security Coordinator in documenting possible security insights gathered during community engagement exercises.
- Provide support to best practices in ESG engagements.
Qualifications & Requirements
Does this sound like you?:
- Graduate from a leading institution with a related degree in Science, Engineering or Social Sciences. Graduate degree or relevant trainings or certifications in sales; a plus.
- Understanding of policies and best practices for ESG engagements, desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role within the power or telecommunications sectors, supporting project development, rural development, stakeholder management and sales support activities
- Ability to ensure closure for tasks and business initiatives; drawing insights for business growth
- Excellent skills with MS Office, and effective report writing skills suited to various audiences.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers, representatives, and relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-diverse environment coordinating with multiple stakeholders
General Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite and other relevant tools
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in delivering tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical with an ability to make strategic inputs for driving and achieving business goals
- Responsive with great time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- A Can-Do attitude with a knack for taking ownership of deliverables
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must possess a driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check.
- You are driven to support the delivery of business growth in a new market.
- You have a robust industry network and understand effective client engagement practices.
- You are an effective planner and have a strong orientation to process
- You building strong relationship built on trust, and are a strong verbal communicator
- You pride your communication skills.
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Ilorin USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND