Core Functions / Responsibilities
- In order to ensure accurate and complete documentation of all projects as per the FLAT (Finance, Logistic, Admin, Transparency) compliance checklist, the Compliance intern will assist the Country Audit / Compliance Team with the follow-up on procedures and filing systems of ACTED.
- S/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligence preparation and follow-up.
- S/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.
- Assist in ensuring proper Compliance to ACTED, Transparency and Documentation procedures’ enforcement
- Assist in Managing spot checks on the compliance of FIN/HR / LOG / PROGRAMME processes and completing the corresponding checklists
- Assist in Ensuring that the originals of the relevant documents are received monthly (finance vouchers, personal files, and procurement files). The effective sending remains the responsibility of each department
- Assist in ensuring proper Follow- up upon audit and compliance findings and recommendations
- Assist with Internal and External Audits preparation
- Assist in Preparing a monthly compliance report, share as due to Compliance Officer and/or compliance Assistant
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Compliance Officer and/or Country Management.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Understanding of the basic finance systems and procedures and ability to apply it to other work environment.
- HND / Degree in Art or Social Science and Humanities
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Excellent communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Contract length: A year
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
17th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Location Borno, Borno, Borno NGN Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND