Consultant for Development of Implementation Plan for CBM 2019 – 2023 Strategic plan
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to work with CBM Nigeria Country Office staff in developing an implementation plan for its 2019-2023 country strategy plan (CSP).
The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Review and clearly understand the 2019 – 2023 Country Strategic Plan and implementation plan format as provided by CBM
- Actively engaging with CBM staff through the use of appropriate participatory processes leading to the development of a final and approved implementation plan.
- Facilitate a two-day implementation plan development workshop with CBM staff.
- Produce a draft and final implementation plan.
The consultant is expected to:
- Develop an implementation planning workshop agenda and facilitation plan
- Produce an implementation plan for CBM CSP document which will include but not limited to the following sections:
- Executive Summary
- Operational matrix
- Strategic priority by year
- Risk Management Plan
- M&E framework
- Produce hard and soft copies of the final implementation Plan in line with the country strategy Plan.
- Interested persons must have a minimum of five years’ experience in the development, implementation and assessment of public health interventions with evident capacity in developing implementation plans, strategy documents, work plans, guidance documents among others.
- An advanced Degree in Public Health, Development, Social Science or other relevant fields.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation. Ability to draw practical conclusions and to prepare well-written reports in a timely manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the particular needs of persons with disabilities, women and children is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesise and present findings.
- The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skill and ability to work well in teams.
- Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills required for working well with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Be familiar with and abide by CBM’s Code of Conduct, Child safeguarding policy and other regulatory codes.
- The consultant will be expected to have his/her own computer.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Management of the consultancy and logistics:
- Professional Fees. The fee for the consultant will be negotiated based on the candidate’s profile and evidence of daily rates from past similar assignments. Payment fees will be made upon submission of invoices by the consultant, supported by approved accomplishment of milestones/reports as will be agreed with CBM. CBM will deduct withholding tax from the consultancy fees as mandated by the government.
- Incidental Costs / Operating Expenses: Incidental costs/operating expenses shall be liquidated against a cash advance separately, and will only include transportation, accommodation and meals during official travel in line with CBM’s approved rate and with proper documentation.
- Personal Insurance: The consultant shall procure and be responsible for his/her own insurance coverage at his/her own cost.
- The consultancy shall be for an initial period of 14 days. He or she will be required to report to work on each work day of the week, unless otherwise agreed with CBM. (Detailed timetable would be worked out jointly by the consultant and CBM).
13th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Statement of Interest: Consultant for development of implementation plan for CBM 2019- 2023 Strategic plan” in the subject line.
Qualified consultants should submit via email:
- A cover letter indicating interest and eligibility for the consultancy
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short summary of your understanding of the brief
- Proofs of previous engagement in similar assignment
- A technical offer, which must include the technical requirements and the approach/methods, the plan and the timeframe to address them. It would also be an opportunity for the consultant to challenge the ToR and offer options.
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer, and particularly encourages qualified persons with disabilities to apply.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month