Job ID: B3 (34/19 LOS) – AU
Location: Abuja, Lagos
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Start Date: 1st December 2019
Job Subcategory: Procurement
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main Purpose of Job
- Contract Manager to actively oversee all contract in the Nigeria network and supervise the day -to-day implementation of the Procurement Pipeline of all budget monitors operating FCO budgets in the network. This includes liaison with the Procurement Hub on behalf of the network on a daily basis, support the management of contract relationships between various budget monitors and their respective contractors, deliver the contract improvement plan for the network.
- Support the Head of Finance of the network to achieve contractual integrity and green Finance Performance Compliance Indicators, to ensure the platform is maintained to FCO standards and suitable for use by 1HMG staff at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities
Collaborating and Partnering (Working with Others) – 20%:
- Input to procurement pipeline annual plans, ensuring engagement in Business cases and holding the pen on the procurement section for the Nigeria network
- Represent the Commercial Procurement Group at high-level cross government briefings on Professional & Corporate Services.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to drive additional value/increase efficiency within all contracts in the networ
- Lead, manage and inspire the procurement team in the network, including appraisals and development plans
- Ensure continuity and consistency of approach across the network procurement team from contract to contract
Delivering a Quality Service (Customer Focus) – 35%:
- Provide guidance to network procurement teams on specific contracts and ensure their processes are in line with FCO processes
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of the procurement pipeline of all budget holders within the Nigeria network
- Ensure the effective contract management of all contracts within the Nigeria Network ( Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri, Enugu and Port Harcourt)
- Support the implementation of best practice contract management in the network for all One HMG Partners and Procurement Hub
- Use judgement, interpretation and co-ordination to ensure that the solutions developed and delivered are acceptable to senior stakeholders and, when applicable, partners across government
- Support the development of the procurement strategy for all budget sub-heads within the Nigeria Network with the Head of Finance
- Engage in compliance checks between suppliers/ contractors and budget holders within the BHC
Delivering at Pace (Problem Solving) – 10%:
- Market awareness for key areas of spend, highlighting opportunities for new ways of working
- Own and drive relationships with key suppliers
- Work with Nigeria Network Finance Manager to provide advice, direction and assurance on all procurement issues within the category portfolio
Delivering Value for Money (Delivering Results) – 35%:
- Creativity and innovation will be required when developing and implementing service requirements for contracts to ensure value for money is achieved
- Business case drafting (commercial and procurement)
- The role will be responsible for contract management spend of £3 million
- The role will be expected to deliver cost savings of between 1.5% and 5% during each contract undertaken were possible
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organisation
- Previous financial management experience
- Available to travel to all Nigeria Network Posts
- Have a Master’s degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with road map to completing the course
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly Salary
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Full-time but should be willing to work flexible hours.
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
- Location Abuja/Lagos
- Salary ₦ 500,000+ USD 500000 Month