Coordinator, BN-SAITT Project Component 2
Location: Niger Republic
- Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, responsible for the entire project based at the Project Coordination Unit (PCU), within the Executive Secretariat of the NBA in Niamey, you are In charge of the Component 2 activities implementation and monitoring as defined by the project documents.
- You are responsible for the overall coordination of demo pilot projects implemented under Component 2, which will include site identification and the planning, design and implementation of individual demo projects, but also the setting up and starting up of the regular monitoring for the performance framework, as well as launching a “quality approach” for the SAITT project.
- You are thus called upon to rationalize and mobilize the various monitoring and evaluation tools applicable to the project and, if applicable, to propose new ones, in order to make the results framework more operational and to evaluate the performance of the project in relation to its results and fundamental commitments.
Your overall responsibilities will consequently include:
- Supervision of a team of international, regional and local specialists working on short-term and long-term data. This task, the most important to you, will involve the supervision of a large number of technical skills.
- The preparation of an annual work plan for component 2 on the basis of the project document, under the overall supervision of the overall project coordinator.
- The implementation of the project’s synthetic performance monitoring framework (including indicators, targets, and performance alert thresholds). The monitoring of indicators expected to trigger corrective actions to Improve implementation, develop recommendations to ensure the quality of interventions and validate Intervention strategies (Including Innovative approaches) and clearly target activities.
- Ensure that information on progress of project results and overall project performance is frequently available by creating and maintaining cumulative data compilation, organizing and analyzing tools, including cumulative results, gaps, achievement objectives rate, etc.
- The development, implementation, and systematization of the quality monitoring data collection / post-intervention effects of demo projects beneficiaries for strategic use by the NBA.
- Ensure the training of actors in performance monitoring toolt for all components of the project.
- Coordination and monitoring of Component 2 activities described in the work plan.
- The management of project monitoring and evaluation processes related to Component 2.
- Ensuring compliance of the project with oIl UN and GEF policies, regulations and procedures.
- The preparation of mandates for consultants and contractors.
- The submission of progress reports In line with the project coordinator’s requests.
- Aged from 35 to 50 years old as of 31 December 2019, Engineer degree graduate (A level + 5) In fields related to the mission (Water Resources, Environment Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Natural Resources sustainability, etc.).
- You have at least 10 (ten) years of experience in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), particularly in ecosystem-based management, of groundwater and surface water resources.
- In liaison with other areas cored by the mission. It is essential to have at least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large teams management.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing pilot IWRM demo projects and / or IWRM planning would be highly appreciated, as would management experience of a large number of stakeholders.
- You have experience in the following areas: Re-engineering of monitoring and / or management systems, multi-sector program management and monitoring, field investigation techniques, techniques for data collection, data entry, verification and analysis.
- You also have a good knowledge of international organizations objectives and procedures, in particular GEE and the Implementing Agency (UNOP), regional organizations associated with the project and program activities, and the currently Identified project and program investors.
- Organized, diplomatic, ready and available to travel to different regional and international sites in accordance with your mandate, able to work in a team and in a multicultural environment, with good interpersonal and negotiation skills, an experience in program coordination would be an asset.
- You are fluent In the NBA languages (French and English) both orally and in writing and have proven command of bask computer tools (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc. ..) and SPHINX, SPSS, MS-Project software.
- Previous work experience in one or more of the participating countries, and a previous work experience In the region, in areas linked to the project and program will be appreciated.
- Vacation based at the NBA Head Office in Niamey (Republic of Niger)
- All candidates must be nationals of the OSS or one of the NBA’s Member States (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon. Côte d’ivoire, Guinea, Mall, Niger, Nigeria, Chad).
- The contract is four (4) years long, including six months probationary period, declined into a fixed-term contract of two (2) years renewable subject to an annual successful performance evaluation.
11th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter, CV both in English and French, Salary expectations and Photo) to: firstname.lastname@example.org the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
For Detailed Information: Visit the NBA websites: www.abn.ne
- Location Niger Republic USD Month