Corporate Billing Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Structure: On-site
- The Corporate Billing Supervisor will be tasked with coordinating the debts of existing creditors and managing new requests for credit. Ultimately, the Corporate Billing Supervisor while leading the team will manage all monies owed to the company.
- These include tasks that require data analysis and sound judgment to help customers throughout the billing process.In addition, the best candidate for this position will be experienced with billing software and medical insurance policies.
- Check customer’s credit and approve or deny due to fact obtained in line with industry standards
- Negotiate payment plans and set up terms and conditions
- Set up repayment plans and work with the debt collectors
- Ensure customers pay on time and charge them for overdue invoices as necessary
- Avoid bad debts by commencing legal actions if clients do not pay their debts within agreed timeline by advising the legal team accordingly
- Work hand in gloves with the finance team and other key departments
- Maintain accurate records
- Implement changes in the company’s credit control system
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Check eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Review customer bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtain any missing information.
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Research and follow up with denied claims.
- Answer all customers, corporate and insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Set up customer payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Update the billing software with rate changes as necessary.
- Update cash spreadsheets, and run collection reports
- Negotiate an achievable payment plan and schedule with customers towards reducing the overdue/outstanding debts without severing relationships
- Write letters and mails to customers to inform them of their debts, which include notice of outstanding/overdue, billing, and credit limits respectively.
- Draft field work outlay and mapping. Prepare work plans detailing the clients to be visited by the team and the target collection amount by working critically and strictly with the overdue spreadsheet from the Finance department
- Collect and reconcile payment advices with erring customers by ensuring over dues are cleared promptly.
- Ensure vetting of payments either by cheques or e-transfers made by HMOs, Corporates, Hospitals etc. and monitor accuracy with the bill amount where payment is found to be inconsistent
- Give daily and weekly report of collections and activities in line with job roles
- Confirm every payment from the clients with the Finance department
- Resolve customer queries and issues
- Deploy knowledge of different legal entities and credit verification process to ensure credit worthiness
- Proficiency in English, other local language would be an added advantage.
- B.Sc. in Accounting or related discipline
- Have rich experience in Healthcare & Diagnostics with a minimum experience of 5 years.
- Must be outspoken and confident
- Good numeracy skills
- Must be presentable and should possess good interpersonal skills
- Data analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Previous experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or hospitality industry will be a plus.
- Advance skills of MS Office, Internet, and computer.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Tally will be added advantage
- Excellent presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of billing software
- In depth knowledge and familiarity with medical insurance policies.
N200,000 – N260,000 monthly gross (plus benefits).
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Location lagos
- Salary ₦ 200,000 - 300,000 USD 200000-300000 Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND