Country Security Manager
Publication ID: NG87871333_E1
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Position Type: Full-Time Regular/Permanent
- Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions.
- Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences
- You will be working as Country Security Manager and will be the part of Motion business area for MOBA division based in Nigeria.
- In this role you will be reporting to Regional Security Manager and will be responsible to act as a trusted business partner across the ABB value chain for the assigned area of responsibility (eg, region, country, cluster), typically reporting to the corporate head of security or region security manager, ensure the effectiveness of security, crisis and emergency response capabilities.
- Also ensures that security standards, processes and procedures are in place to address relevant security threats. Leads teams to drive performance.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed, guiding, motivating and developing direct/indirect subordinates according to HR policies to build a strong local foundation for the proper implementation of security programs
- Managing risk and security threats through the consistent implementation of company-wide security and resilience programs, policies and processes, driving a security management governance approach that is aligned with both organizational business goals/models and the global security strategy and objectives
- Serving as the primary security and crisis interface for the lead business as well as all regional stakeholders and country offices, ensuring that crisis management capabilities are optimized and aligned to standards, processes, guidance and best practices
- In coordination with the lead business and other stakeholders, advising on the response to security-related incidents as well as potential and actual crisis events, providing expert advice on all security-related mitigation measures and crisis response mechanisms
- Providing oversight of core security programs, e.g. travel risk and crisis management, in the assigned area of responsibility, establishing and maintaining effective communication mechanisms across the ABB value chain and with security contacts in the assigned area of responsibility
- Determining the frequency and prioritization of security risk reports and other analyses based on stakeholder requirements and the risk environment, determining the budget for the security function in the area of responsibility, including third-party spending, travel and expenses
- Monitoring and tracking function-related costs across the area of responsibility, driving performance through security KPIs (key performance indicators) and individual metrics, leading activities to ensure the continuous professional development of teams through their participation in professional programs, as well as local and regional relationships with security forums and networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Local Military experience is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of Experiences in a corporate multinational organization is required.
- Excellent Leadership & influencing skills
- Fluency in English language is mandatory
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
- Location Lagos, Nigeria
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND