Job Title: Credit Investment Specialist
Our client is looking to hire an innovative, detailed-oriented Credit Investment Specialist to join their Risk team. They will be responsible for designing, building and delivering proprietary risk framework and conducting due diligence on the company’s active private credit transactions in the African trade space. In addition, this individual will be working closely with Product, Customer Success, and Operations teams in order to deliver a scalable, integrated experience for customers.
- Responsible for due diligence, structuring and evaluating private credit transactions in technology, agriculture, logistics and mining sectors in Africa
- Problem solve creative ways of de-risking/structuring transactions in order to reduce risk exposure
- Develop credit memos and present findings to Investment Committee
- Together with Leadership, Risk and Legal team, build out best-in-class credit processes and portfolio monitoring capabilities
- Interface directly with borrowers throughout loan origination process and represent Risk team as needed in live transactions
- Co-develop technology solutions with Product, Engineering and Data Science team, that allows for differentiated data insights throughout credit decisioning journey as well as scalable, automated processes
- 4+ years of work experience with background in due diligence and structuring transactions at investment banks, private equity firms, debt funds or consulting firms
- Experience with trade finance or private credit transactions in Africa is highly preferred
- Ability to draft credit memos and present findings to Investment Committee
- Understanding of export/import processes (optional)
- You are curious by nature and interested in making a positive impact
- You can make a good business case backed by data and convince people to follow your direction
- Experience working in a high-growth, startup environment
The company is open to tailoring the exact title of the role based on experience.
23rd December, 2022.
How To Apply
- Location Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND