Data Analytics Intern
Requisition ID.: 336102BR
Employment Type: Internship
Business Unit: Global Health PH
Shift Work: No
Functional Area: Interns / Students on Novartis Payroll
- Interns will work on the application or development of statistical, machine learning or pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamics modeling methods in drug development, under the supervision of a senior-level quantitative scientist.
- Depending on nature of specific drug development questions, interns may employ variety of quantitative methods, including machine learning (e.g., deep learning), survival analyses, causal inference, Bayesian statistics, disease progression modeling and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics modeling, among other quantitative methods.
- Interns will also attend seminars and other activities to enhance their understanding of the drug development process.
- There will be opportunities for interns to present their project results to a team of quantitative scientists and other key stakeholders.
- Candidates should be graduate-level students in Biostatistics, Statistics, Pharmacometrics, Engineering or in a related discipline.
- Competitive candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills.
Preferred Competencies / Experiences:
- Candidates with working knowledge of R are preferred.
- The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment.
- We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO:
- Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos USD Month