Database Administrators/Report and Analytics
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
Minimum Required Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in Database administration/reporting and analyzing.
- A minimum of 2:2 or above in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), Unix and DBMS.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Commitment to continuing. .Professional development (CPD)
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
23rd September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Application should come with a 2-3 page cover letter indicating your interests, related projects completed in the past, and any other information about yourself you consider relevant to the job position.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND