Employment Type: Full Time
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent and experienced Design Engineers to design suitable solar solutions to help meet our clients’ needs.
- He or she will work with the Sales Engineering Manager to understand the client’s power needs, conduct detailed site audits, and design custom solutions to meet the client’s power needs.
- We require a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Solar Systems Design:
- Conduct site/energy audits and analyse customer needs.
- Identify site assessment information required for production of solar system designs.
- Create and manage engineering drawings using AUTOCAD, PVSyst, SketchUp and other design tools.
- Produce 2D and 3D pre-conceptual designs with accompanying BOMs.
- Design and prepare detailed electrical wire diagram and construction drawings for PV system installation.
- Manage the preparation of bids, proposal content, conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects in Africa.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry, designing , installing or maintaining solar systems.
- Computer proficiency required, creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Use of software like HOMER, Pvsyst and Helioscope.
Language Proficiency: English (excellent oral & writing skills).
- French (oral & writing skills) will be an added advantage
- A self-motivated individual that demonstrates a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Must demonstrate excellent team and people management skills.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND