Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
- The Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Officer supports the design, development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the assigned area.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
- This position would be based in Bayelsa State with frequent travel to the field within the respective regions.
- S/he will line managed by the DMEL Associate Manager, Bayelsa and work in close coordination with the Senior DMEL officer in Warri, Project officers and support team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate weekly with Associate DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the Associate DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level Activities .
- Implement Search M&E standards around project planning meetings, data collection tools, monitoring missions as required.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Monthly and Quarterly Reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with Associate DMEL Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Media & Communications office when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters and weekly reporting.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to Associate DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DMEL process in Bayelsa;
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions and evaluations in the Bayelsa;
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Collection of case studies and success stories across the projects suitable for external audiences
- Conduct project monitoring visits on a regular basis and report findings to the project teams and DM&E team through spot checks with project volunteers,
- Maintenance of up to date databases and indicator tracking table of the project capturing progress against target.
- Conduct/Support monthly review and quarterly project reflection meetings for projects within your jurisdiction.
- Conduct Quarterly DQA and share report on a quarterly basis.
- Support evaluations for all projects within your jurisdiction
Note: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- University degree is required; University degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or a related field is desired.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the Bayelsa part of Nigeria is required.
Wednesday; 2nd October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply, interested candidates should send the following below:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation)
- Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Location Bayelsa, Bayelsa, Bayelsa USD Month
- Experience Level Entry Level