Director of Finance and Operations
Chemonics seeks a director of finance and operations for the anticipated USAID-funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions that improve service delivery and strengthen health systems. This activity is part of an expanded effort with the government of Nigeria in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe states. Activity objectives include: targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; patient enrollment in HIV/AIDS therapy, with adequate adherence to follow-up and minimal loss; successful suppression of HIV viral load; and increased government capacity to expand, coordinate, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting or closely related discipline
- Professional certification in accounting (equivalent to CPA)
- Seven years of experience in financial management of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting, including five years with U.S. government-funded activities
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Experience in western Africa preferred; experience working in northeast Nigeria highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with U.S. government/President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) reporting requirements
- Nigerian nationals encouraged to apply
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
20th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA