Director of Platform Product Management
- Andela’s Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, and technology. We’re building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity).
- We connect the world’s top companies with talented technologists to accelerate their careers, provide access to growth opportunities, and help them become leaders in their communities.
- To date, we’ve brought tens of thousands of engineers into the global technology ecosystem, and we’ve only just begun.
- We’re rapidly expanding, and we’re looking for an experienced Director of Platform Product Management to lead us through the next chapter of Andela’s growth as we scale to millions of users.
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering the vision and roadmap for Andela’s marketplace platform.
- The Platform is the fabric that ties together all product components, and is how our users access everything Andela: you are at the center of it all in this role.
- You will have direct responsibility for leading a team of Product Managers within the Andela organization. You will collaborate across the organization with senior leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution and optimization of the Andela marketplace.
- If this sounds like you, keep reading—we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- This role will report to the VP of Product.
- Create, deploy, drive, and own the discovery, design, build and implementation of a platform to address the unique needs of a talent marketplace.
- Focus areas include core platform services for internal product engineering teams and products for internal users who ensure smooth operations across the marketplace, including the core machine learning matching algorithms at the heart of the marketplace.
- Articulate the short and long term Product strategy & roadmap, ensuring alignment with the overall product roadmap and the larger Andela organization by setting the right drivers & metrics.
- Lead others through thought leadership and influence, driving results for complex, cross-functional initiatives in a 0 to 1 approach
- Design common features for the platform, across core & new business areas. The successful candidate will be motivated by the ability to play a significant role in ensuring that Andela is successful in scaling its new businesses while continuing its long-held reputation of exceeding customer expectations for its core Match business.
- Uncover ways to differentiate Andela’s talent marketplace via the platform: channel partnerships, monetized components, global expansion, etc.
- Become the face of the platform both for internal stakeholders and our end users
- Be responsible for the management and leadership development of a team of managers of Product Managers within the organization
- Help the team scale through operational excellence in everything you do, from planning, to team management, to communication processes.
- 10+ years of experience in product management, across the full product development lifecycle, with clear platform experience
- 6+ years of product leadership experience, with hands-on people management as well as through peer influence
- Experience building successful SaaS products, scaled to thousands of customers; and/or large scale marketplaces with millions of end users
- Experience working closely with related services, such as billing & payments, analytics and operations, and follow-on customer care
- Experience managing complex systems, which incorporate advanced algorithms, including machine learning models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effortlessly present to a CXO audience and an engineering group alike
- Experience of directly managing a diverse team of remote-first product professionals, including being a hiring manager to build a team, and career coaching to develop individuals from junior to senior contributors, and senior contributors to managers
- Demonstrated successful development of multiple products within fast-paced organizations delivered into rapidly growing markets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver products, including teams in data science, product design, engineering, business operations, and finance
- Data driven decision making mindset based on best practices for measurement and analysis, including sufficient familiarity with data to actively monitor product health.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Remote USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10