Director of Product Management, Talent
- Andela’s Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, and technology. We’re building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity). We connect the world’s top companies with talented technologists to accelerate their careers, provide access to growth opportunities, and help them become leaders in their communities. To date, we’ve brought tens of thousands of engineers into the global technology ecosystem, and we’ve only just begun.
- We’re rapidly expanding, and we’re looking for a Director of Product to lead the Product Management team through the next chapter of Andela’s growth as we scale to millions of users.
- As the Director of Product for the talent side of Andela’s marketplace, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap and execution for a wide range of initiatives across our marketplace. You will have direct responsibility for leading a team of managers of Product Managers within the Andela organization. You will collaborate across the organization with senior leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for the evolution and optimization of the Andela marketplace.
- If this sounds like you, keep reading—we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- This role will report to the VP of Product.
- Lead the strategic direction of the product for the talent side of the marketplace, for both growth and user experience led products; defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, the engineering team and various business teams
- Focus areas include the entire talent side: acquisition, assessment, activation, community & engagement experience, and talent retention.
- Establish product KPIs and goals for the talent side of the marketplace platform, and develop long term strategies and products to achieve them
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term Product strategy for our core Product teams, ensuring alignment with the overall product roadmap for the larger Andela organization
- Collaborate closely with our Growth & Product Marketing teams to grow our talent community and continuously bring innovate products to market
- Be responsible for the management and leadership development of several Product Managers within the organization
- Help the team scale through operational excellence in everything you do, from planning, to team management, to communication processes
- 10+ years of experience in product management, across the full product development lifecycle, including product discovery, development, launch, maintenance, and ongoing management
- 6+ years of product leadership experience, both through peer influence, and through direct management of individual contributors
- Experience building successful SaaS products, scaled to thousands of customers; and/or large scale marketplaces with millions of end users. B2C marketplace experience is a major plus.
- Experience of directly managing a diverse team of remote-first product professionals, including being a hiring manager to build a team, and career coaching to develop individuals from junior to senior contributors
- Demonstrated successful development of multiple products within fast-paced organizations delivered into rapidly growing markets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver products, including teams in data science, product design, engineering, business operations, and finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effortlessly present to a CXO audience and an engineering group alike
- Data driven decision making mindset based on best practices for measurement and analysis, including sufficient familiarity with data to actively monitor product health
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Experience managing complex products, which incorporate advanced algorithms and machine learned models
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Remote USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10