Director of Product Marketing
- Andela’s Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, and technology. We’re building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) and some of the best companies in the world (opportunity).
- We connect the world’s top companies with talented technologists to accelerate their careers, provide access to growth opportunities, and help them become leaders in their communities.
- To date, we’ve brought tens of thousands of engineers into the global technology ecosystem, and we’ve only just begun. We’re rapidly expanding, and we’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to drive the adoption of Andela products.
- As the Director of Product Marketing, you represent the voice of both our talent and corporate customers and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the broader market in which we operate.
- Ideally, you come with a background that spans software development, product management, and marketing and have a proven ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful business outcomes.
- You should be equally comfortable with thinking strategically and rolling up your sleeves in support of your team.
- If this sounds like you, keep reading—we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job.
- Grow and manage a distributed team of product marketing managers.
- Build and maintain a market intelligence program – systematically collect qualitative and quantitative inputs, draw on sharp analytical skills, and intuition to find patterns and opportunities that can be turned into actionable insights in support of Product, Marketing, and customer-facing teams.
- Using this knowledge, and in partnership with product leadership, develop the long-term strategic product roadmap to deliver against revenue growth, profitability, and user acquisition goals.
- Shape all formal internal and external communications on product features and releases.
- Build out a detailed product marketing roadmap and strategy against our ICPs.
- Create sales and marketing collateral against products and customer segments, and work with enablement teams to ensure adequate training programs are in place to drive user engagement and success.
- Work with sales and talent leadership to develop tools, content, messaging, and any other collateral needed to drive value and increase user engagement across the marketplace.
- Manage the go-to-market planning and execution for new products and service offerings, including product positioning, messaging, storytelling, pricing, and packaging.
- Build and maintain an analyst relations program.
- Be a spokesperson for our products to both external and internal audiences.
- In the first 30 days, you will familiarize yourself with our customers, product, and the broader market in which we operate.
- In the first 60 days, you will have defined key initiatives that will support quarterly and annual goals, and kicked off with broad stakeholder alignment.
- In the first 90 days, you will have refined our persona and account segmentation artifacts, established customer journeys using a jobs-to-be-done framework, and built out a competitor mapping to better highlight user experience improvements and recommendations.
- 10+ years of overall professional experience.
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience, or equivalent leadership experience in a combination of product management and marketing roles at a fast-growing startup.
- Data-driven approach to gathering customer and market insights and packaging them for go-to-market alignment.
- Experience balancing competing interests of senior stakeholders across teams.
- Proven leadership managing best-in-class cross-functional teams, driving success using influence, data-driven persuasion, and collaboration.
- Ability to balance strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking with deep customer empathy and understanding of underlying motivations.
- As an expert storyteller, you have the ability to simplify complex user needs, value propositions, and benefits tailored to different audiences.
- You have a passion for talent-driven marketplaces, the tech industry, and the future of work.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Grit and comfort working with ambiguity – you have demonstrated perseverance toward a lofty goal through building relationships with cross-functional teams, bringing a sense of clarity and purpose to others, and rallying around execution.
- Experience in directly managing a diverse team of remote-first professionals, including being a hiring manager to build a team, and career coaching to develop individuals from junior to senior contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functional teams, including teams in product, data science, product design, engineering, business operations, sales, and finance.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Remote USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10