Job ID: ABJ202300370
Location: Jos, Plateau
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Site Manager, the Dispatcher dispatches vehicles in a safe, objective-driven, and economical manner, manage the drivers and their assignments. In charge of 20-30 drivers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and plans drivers’ duties and assignments; dispatch the assigned vehicles (drivers and cars are sufficiently available, and efficiently utilized for daily tasks and field trips).
- Compile the driver’s weekly roaster.
- Monitor and record vehicle use and fuel consumption in the dedicated tool.
- Ensures Management of keys for the fleet under supervision
- Keep track of all vehicle movement under the fleet using the tool provided by the ICRC (Humanav/ Novacom).
- Prepare accident forms, waivers & insurance in all vehicles, follow up on all accidents within and outside working hours involving ICRC assets, and ensure accident reports are submitted on time.
- Assist in the assessment of standard commercial means of transport when requested.
- Follows up breakdowns, complaints, and other issues to the Vehicle Fleet Manager (Functional Supervisor) as well report security issues to the HoSD.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under his/her supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the Logistician, Fleet Manager, or HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under his/her supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year
- Coordinates and supports the employees under his/her supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities
Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience
- Secondary School or Technical / Professional School Diploma
- 2 years minimum working experience in the field of fleet
- Good command (Spoken and Written) of English / knowledge of the native language
- Good computer skills proficient in Excel and Word
- Driving license class B
- Knowledge of the geographical area of operation
- Familiarity of the All-Terrain (4 x 4) vehicle
- Knowledge of the VHF and HF radio operations
21st February, 2023; 16:30hrs
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their CV, and Certificates to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “ABJ202300370 – Dispatcher 1 – Jos” as the subject of the application
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications for this position that do not include this subject and do not use the online MS form will not be taken into consideration.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, nationality, status, disability etc.
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Location Jos, Plateau USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification SSCE
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs