Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and improves the Impact of transportation delivery to the overall Distribution and logistics frameworks.
- Develops methods to improve delivery operations by collaborating with the relevant stakeholders and managing a productive team.
- Works to emulate emerging trends and technology in delivery operations.
- Develops distribution strategies to cut costs and improve efficiency and time.
- Develops Delivery management strategies to meet client needs and maintains standard operating procedures to ensure safety and security of company assets and human capital.
- Proactively works with order management processes to plan routes and ensure efficient operations with a view to maximise fleet durability and consistently support service and product delivery.
- Utilises Industry benchmarks and best practices on delivery operations and processes.
- Manages third-party logistics partners and delivery activities.
- Review performance of third-party logistics partners, cost and delivery efficiencies.
- Develops Distribution operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, and shipping.
- Issues shipping instructions and provides routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Develops and documents standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Meets Distribution operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures completion of all necessary documentation, checking and adjusting of all inventory data collection continuously.
- Analyses data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements.
- Completes timely and accurate reporting (at intervals specified by management). Report on Reconciliation of actual counts to computer generated reports.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Distribution Manager required.
- Professional qualifications such as CSCP, CTIL and others will be an added advantage.
- Cold storage/food handling experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent organisation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organise, analyse, interpret and evaluate data.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, high priority projects simultaneously, often with demanding deadlines.
- computer skills and knowledge of DMS.
- Ability to operate the necessary safety equipment.
17th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Oyo,Oyo,Oyo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND