District Sales Manager
Job ID: R2664816
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Franchise Head
Level: L2 -1
- To lead and develop assigned team to deliver approved business strategy through effective coaching, support and commercial expertise.
- Drive market growth and penetration tactics to unlock and maximise assigned therapy area’s market potential through ensuring excellent execution by the team in an orchestrator mode to achieve set business objectives.
Achieve/Manage Business growth and business sustainability in assigned geographies and Ta
Sales Target: Achieve agreed district budget (annual, quarter, month) by defined therapy area, territories and channels.
- Forecasting: To conduct robust forecasting, objective headcount assignment, products and A&P allocation decisions for the district based on validated market insights, local intelligence, available data, reports and tools.
- Develops and implement district plan: Responsible for developing and implementing district tactical plan with focus on delivering top- priority metrics such as revenue, growth (value & volume) and profitability.
- Develop a culture of performance and self-accountability for delivery of quality results within the team by maintaining awareness of territory performance against business-related metrics
- New Opportunities: Recognize key business drivers, new business opportunities, therapy area KOLs, patient flows, patient and customer journeys to support and coach the team to maximize the customer experience and achieve business objectives
- Stakeholders/KOL Management: Drive robust key stakeholder’s management and relationship to achieve business success.
- Drive excellent execution of therapy area (TA) tactical plans to optimize patient share and market share growth (value & volume).
- Monitor and ensure all activities deployed within districts align to TA strategy delivering on approved outcomes
- Drive team efficiency through digital transformation and SFKPI achievement to optimize customers touchpoints, omnichannel experience and orchestrator rep model.
- Optimize delivery of campaign outcomes within district through understanding the marketplace, key issues, trends, competitive positioning and activities of the key competitors and feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
Inspire and develop team:
- Develop team through coaching to enhance therapy area knowledge, selling skills and positive behaviour to achieve the required disease awareness, product differentiation and promotional versatility to be positioned as trusted partners to target HCPs.
- Inspire and Support the team in setting clear and compelling vision that guides them to deliver the tactical plans and achieve campaign outcomes.
- Motivate and engage the team using formal and informal recognition, regular communications, and the encouragement of cooperation between individuals and teams.
- Responsible for team member capability (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour), supporting employee to develop tailored plan that enhances capability, addresses gaps and evaluates progress in line with job demands and/or career aspirations.
- Identify, attract, recruit, develop and retain talent in team.
Tools and Reporting:
- Enforce and monitor the effective use of marketing, sales effectiveness, HSE, digital and other Sanofi tools designed to support MSR productivity
- Accountability for team reporting integrity: timely, accurate and complete MSR reporting
- Provide monthly market and competitor intelligence reports
- Delivering/Updating Customers list, Annual customer S&T exercise
- Maintain Compliance and Ethical Leadership
- Abide by the requirements of the internal Code of Ethics including but not restricted to maintaining high professional standards of conduct in line with the Company procedure with a duty of care to the reputation of the Company
- Takes personal accountability to use personal experience and knowledge, as well as the training and tools provided by Sanofi, to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all ethics and governance relevant to the role (Sanofi Policies and Procedures and any relevant legal requirements) and demonstrate personal leadership in applying these to all work undertaken.
- Escalates any decisions or seek the support of colleagues or management if personal knowledge and understanding is not at the level required to carry out any part of the role.
- Internal: Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Supply Chain, TRM, BOS, Finance, HR
- External: Medical practitioners, Pharmacists, HCP Associations, Distributors, HMOs.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Medical / Scientific field preferably Pharmacy
- Minimum of 5 years in pharma sales experience
- Proven track record of outstanding sales performance and territory management
- Core commercial cycle management and financial planning
- Stakeholder management and external expert engagement planning
- End-to-End patient support and patient access experience.
- Nigeria market dynamics, stakeholders, and access landscape understanding
- The following skills are essential:
- Demonstrate Sanofi Play to win behaviours
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Digital and technology skills
- Team player with high interpersonal skills
- High agility in way of working
- Planning & Organizational skills
- Good resource management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Lagos,Lagos,Lagos,NG USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND