Donor Care Officer (Intern)
Locations: Lagos and Abuja
- The overview of the role of the Donor Care Officer is to provide support to fundraising activities in the National branch office Lagos/National office Abuja in retaining and increasing local income and local sponsorship opportunities by supporting the FD function to implement fundraising strategies in corporate and individual fundraising, marketing, data management, analysis and reporting.
- He/She will be responsible for donor servicing; working in collaboration with the National Fund Development Coordinator and Head Fund Development for efficient acquisition and retention of donors.
- In addition to delivering day-to-day donor care excellence to new and existing regular donors, this position will be responsible for increasing donor support, deepening donor loyalty and ensuring best-in-class donor retention.
- This role will shape the donor journey for regular donors to SOS CVN, overseeing all activity from welcome calling to event management and onboarding of new supporters.
- Provide fantastic service to SOS CVN Donors on the phone, in person and in writing, with a primary focus on new and existing donors.
- Work as an internal advocate for improving the experience of regular donors.
- Manage the processing, thanking and receipting for donor income.
- Manage all regular donor retention activity, e.g. thank you, welcome, upgrade and reactivation calls.
- Increase the lifetime value of SOS CVN Donors by increasing their connection to our work and the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
- Support specific outreach campaigns – personally delivering telephone activities such as thank you and welcome calling, and supporting marketing activities to increase supporter satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage effective donor care across all channels including telemarketing, online, direct mail and walk-in donors
- Design, document and implement best-practice processes to ensure excellent day-to-day management of the monthly giving programme.
- Liaise with the finance team, ensuring bank rejects are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain internal administration and CRM processes including uploading data files and running regular reports.
- Ensure the donor database is used as a tool for increasing income from existing supporters as well as supporting future fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Work with the wider team to gather and coordinate content to be sent to donors, including online and offline mid-year SOS CVN village letters, appeals and progress report. Continually review, revise and improve thank you processes and materials for monthly donors with the aim of improving donor care and increasing supporter loyalty.
- Support donor events, particularly donor tours, throughout the year.
- To work as a full member of the fundraising team across the wider donor care suite of activities, handling enquiries from supporters, meeting and greeting visitors/donors and assisting with other fundraising projects when necessary.
- Handle sensitive information using discretion and confidentiality.
- At least BSc degree in Administration or related field
- At least an NYSC certificate
- Good knowledge of Procurement Procedures
- Analytical, strong communication, people and problem-solving skills
- Good ICT skills
- Interpersonal and mediation skills.
26th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Location Lagos/Abuja USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND