Drama / Literature-in-English Teacher
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To teach the relevant subject and stimulate as well as maintain students’ curiosity in designated Literature-in-English.
- To develop students’ familiarity, competence and confidence in Literature-in-English.
- To provide challenge for every student and encourage them to achieve their potential in Literature-in-English
- To contribute and engage in extra-curricular activities within Literature-in-English.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets, taking into consideration the differing ability of students and differentiating work accordingly.
- To deal with inappropriate behavior quickly and effectively according to the school policy.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organized.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Department and School.
- To work with colleagues in the Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of the School
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To support the Head of School in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to be courteous to colleagues, visitors, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- A good Educational Degree in the relevant field from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- PGDE / PGCE / Montessori Diploma or any Professional Certification is a major advantage
- Membership of TRCN is compulsory.
- Evidence of prior experience as an excellent Subject Teacher and strong subject knowledge across Key Stages.
- Must be IGCSE certified.
- Must be enthusiastic, result-driven and committed to raising the level of student achievement.
- Must exhibit strong and passionate understanding of education and of curriculum development
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrable IT literacy to oversee reporting and communication systems.
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the email.
- Location lagos USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND