Drilling and Wells QAQC Inspector
- Provide reports regularly (daily/weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to the head of materials & QA/QC
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities, and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC, and well equipment preparation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates and reviews documents, and provides constructive feedback.
- Mentors Junior Engineers and Supervisors, shares experience and best practices review documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at company logistics bases (Onne, OML58, New Pipe yard) and contractor/ 3rd Party Sites to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials.
- Maintain synergy with the mobilization team (supervisors and support staff) to complement the QA/QC Inspection, Validation, issuance, and receipt of company and contractor/3rd party equipment / Materials.
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions and associated equipment i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity, and Fluids
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc) in defining rejection criteria after inspection.
- Follows up on Preparation, Testing, and Loadout of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion, and Intervention operations
- Prepare and implement QA/QC (API Q2) plan and procedures in line with company and industry standards for the management of Equipment and Materials at the Company and 3rd party location prior to issuance for operations and during receiving inspection after operations.
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX
- Assist with Incident Investigation and Troubleshooting at the company and 3rd Party sites for equipment designated for operations prior to issuance and after operations.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- B.Sc Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Petroleum, or related Engineering (an M.Sc. degree in Safety Engineering or similar is a plus.
- Typically, 10 years of oil and gas industry professional experience of which at least 5 years in an equivalent position as a Safety & Loss Prevention Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedures and major hazard legislation.
- Good knowledge of risk assessment techniques and management (HAZOP, HAZID, HAZAN, QRA) and other reviews.
- Autonomous with investigation/observation skills, effective communication, and organizational capability.
- Initial formal education: Technician
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience with Onshore and offshore Drilling / Well engineering roles
- Prior experience (desirable): Roles such as QA/QC inspector / Workshop Manager / Materials.
Management and Logistics / technical inspection and Audit roles:
- Very Knowledgeable in Drilling & Completion Engineering / Operations, Well interventions, and Well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards, Stock management, Materials handling, and Logistics
- Membership in relevant Inspection and Technical audit bodies is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
18th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted.
- Location Rivers USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND