Driver / Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases, including flight tickets and any other tasks required by Head of Administration or his/her substitutes.
- assist with meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events and perform occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
Transport of staff, consumables, and hospital equipment (Logistic Support):
- Provide transportation for Head of Office, other employees
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits
Service Vehicle Maintenance Management:
- Schedule annual vehicle examinations for service vehicles with the Transportation Department and apply for the renewal of the vehicle license.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside – Keep track of timely car insurance renewals
- Update monthly mileage records.
- Maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis.
Act as back up for the Receptionist and as a messenger:
- Assists as needed in some corporate functions assigned by answering to the phone and taking care of visitor registration, incl. maintaining a register of incoming visitors.
- Support Administration Section as a messenger by assisting with the mail deliveries, both incoming and outgoing.
- Assist with office and meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events.
- Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as hanging pictures and small office repairs.
- Minimum of Senior secondary school certificate is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a driver.
- A soft Technical skill in Car electrical or Mechanical parts is an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of city streets and addresses.
- Excellent GPS and navigation skills.
- Skilled in contacting passengers by phone and arrange the pick-up time.
- Talented in preparing and making the route in an efficient way.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
- Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and unloading their luggage.
- Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journey.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit.
- Known for transporting passengers in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Adept at collecting fares.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality.
- Effective skills in maintaining the log of mileage, the number of trips, passengers, and destinations.
- Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Special talent for interact with guests and clients in a respectful and amicable manner.
- Willing to work flexible schedule and locations.
- Capable of lifting heavy items.
- Must be computer Literate
- Respectful Engagement
2nd July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Upload your CV and Cover Letter in the link above.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Location Abuja, Abuja, Abuja, ,NG USD Month