Driver at IPAS Nigeria
- Ipas is an international non-profit health organisation, working in Nigeria seeks a driver. The Driver position is responsible for meeting the transportation needs of the project as assigned. In accordance with the supervisor’s instructions, transports in-country employees and visitors within the city and surrounding environ.
- Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventive nature. Completes trip tickets and mileage. Collects and deliver mails around the city. This is a full-time position based in Aba, Abia State and is available for immediate employment.
- Fulfill the transport needs and carry out the driving requirements of the office as directed
- Convey staff to the various places and destinations as they may need to visit in the course of their work
- Facilitate the transfer of visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request
- Ensure the safety of staff and visitors by driving safely at all times
- Record all trips in the vehicle log-book
- Ensure vehicles always have sufficient fuel; manage vehicle fuel cards and maintain proper logs of trips made. Confirm card usage and reconcile fuel bills before sending to finance for payment processing
- Ensure security of vehicles
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good working order; regularly check lights, indicators, brakes, tire pressure, oil, battery and radiator and report any defects to the supervisor
- Conduct trips using the shortest possible route and avoid unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimize mileage and time wastage
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notify the supervisor immediately and render assistance where necessary
- In liaison with the supervisor, ensure that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable outlets
- Display good road manners and obey all traffic regulations. Stop only where it is safe to do so
- Understand that use of vehicles for personal trips by self or other staff is prohibited
- Run official errands as directed, pay office bills, collect and deliver packages/mail from the post office. Make bank deposits upon request by the finance team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements For The Position
- Completion of elementary school
- Must have a valid driving licence
- A minimum of one year of driving experience in the South East of Nigeria
- Must have basic skills in vehicle maintenance; ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle
- Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the Highway Code.
- Must be ready to make long distance trips
- Proven integrity Basic skills in office operating systems an added advantage
21st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with relevant Document to: IpasNigeria.Procurement@ipas.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- Location Abia, Abia, Abia USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3