- The Driver is responsible for meeting the transportation needs of the project as assigned. In accordance with supervisor’s instructions, transports in-country employees and visitors within the city and surrounding area.
- Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventive nature. Completes trip tickets and mileage.
- Collects and deliver mails around the city. Completes the vehicle logbook.
- He/she might be required to travel to other states
- Fulfill the transport needs and carry out the driving requirements of the office as directed
- Convey staff to the various places and destinations as they may need to visit in the course of their work
- Facilitate the transfer of visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request
- Always ensure the safety of staff and visitors by driving safely.
- Ensure security of vehicles.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior.
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good working order; regularly check lights, indicators, brakes, tire pressure, oil, battery and radiator and report any defects to the supervisor.
- Conduct trips using the shortest possible route and avoid unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimize mileage and time wastage.
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notify the supervisor immediately and render assistance where necessary.
- In liaison with the supervisor, ensure that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable outlets.
- Display good road manners and obey all traffic regulations. Stop only where it is safe to do so.
- Understand that use of vehicles for personal trips by self or other staff is prohibited.
- In liaison with the supervisor, ensures that the vehicle documents are renewed promptly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- A minimum of one year of driving experience in the assigned region
- Must have basic skills in vehicle maintenance; ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle.
- Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the Highway Code.
- Must be ready to make long distance trips.
- Proven integrity.
10th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Document (Resume or CV and Application Letter) to: IpasNigeria.Procurement@ipas.org with subject line reading the “Position and Location”.
Note: Applications are welcome from qualified persons based in the specified locations. Successful candidates will be chosen through a competitive application process.
- Location Abia, Abia, Abia USD Month