Engineer, Transmission Edge Services (Supervisory)
Employment status: permanent
Department: Info Systems – Service Delivery
- To integrate, operate and maintain multiplex equipment for Network Transmission and rollout
- Support in the expansion of network ensuring it takes place on schedule and as planned.
- Provide remote online support to field engineers in resolving faults on the transmission network.
- Troubleshoot and remotely resolve multiplexer (DXX and OSN) related faults on the transmission network where applicable.
- Implement critical preventive or corrective maintenance on multiplexer systems (DXX and OSN) on the transmission network and firmware/software upgrades on DXX multiplexer equipment.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all NMS systems for TX Edge services.
- Implement various types of transmission cutovers.
- Relate with support staff from various equipment vendors for resolution of major equipment or NMS problems.
- Build and maintain a good relationship between all networks related sections, customers and product suppliers.
- Support the Team Lead in the coaching and training of direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and increase product knowledge as well as identify developmental opportunities for team members.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Minimal local travel.
- BSc qualification.
15th October, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Nigeria USD Month
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND